gift guide: Rachel’s Favorite Things!
Rachel’s Favorite Things is sort of like Oprah’s Favorite Things, except that I won’t be giving away any free stuff. Sorry. What I WILL be giving out (hopefully) are some gift ideas for anyone on your list who you might think would like some of the same things I do.
These are all things I LOVE and would totally recommend for gift giving:
- Kate Spade iPhone case – I have the black polka dot case and it has withstood a lot of abuse, including a marathon.
- Benefit Posie Tint lip and cheek stain – An easy, subtle blush that is really pretty and hard to mess up.
- Mischa Lampert hand knit wool hat – A little pricey, but I wear my hat whenever it is even remotely cold enough and I always get comments and questions. Plus, it is super-warm.
- Baked by Melissa mini cupcakes in chocolate – Thank god these cost $25 for 8, otherwise I would be eating a box a day!
- Kate Spade earrings – I wear these earrings whenever I want a little glamour.
- No. 6 Store clog boots – Expensive, but they are indestructible. They are super-trendy now, but I also think these are timeless winter shoes.
- Sakura Gelly Roll Stardust gel pens – For your arts and crafts friends, these are my favorite gel pens. So sparkly!
- Phillip B. Russian Amber Shampoo – This shampoo makes a luxurious gift. It is a single step to lovely, bouncy, delicious smelling hair. I only use it for special occasions.
- LuluLemon Run Swiftly Tech long sleeve top – This is my favorite exercise top. It is really soft, but also moisture-wicking. It makes a great base layer for cold-weather running.
- New York Magazine – A subscription to NY Mag would be a great gift for novice New Yorkers. It is a weekly publication that always has a few in depth articles, good restaurant reviews, and just enough news to keep you up to date on what is happening in the city.
What are you giving and/or hoping to be getting for the holidays this year? (FYI: I already have the items I listed here — they are my favorites — so this truly is just a gift guide, not a wish list. But hey, thanks for thinking of me!)