Tomorrow is the winter Solstice (the shortest day of the year in the Northern Hemisphere). Yesterday was the start of Hanukkah. Saturday is Christmas. And New Year’s Eve is right around the corner! The holidays are here and I am enjoying the season. I hope you are, too. (That is a photo taken by my friend, Aimee Quesada, of me & Travis running the Jingle Bell Jog in Prospect Park on December 11th.)
As 2011 is winding down, I am reflecting on the highlights of the past twelve months…
- We kicked off the year with a 12:01 am road race through Central Park on New Year’s Eve/Day.
- I turned 30!
- I visited the Martha Stewart Show… twice.
- I visited my grandma in Kentucky for her birthday.
- My sister-in-law, Amber, graduated from the Police Academy!
- I attended the wedding of the year! Congrats, Nina & Adam! Oh, and made some invitations, too.
- I went to my very first Yankee’s Game!
- I got to see God’s favorite musical (and mine too), The Book of Mormon on Broadway. I loved it so much!
- I did a crazy, 3-day, juice cleanse.
- We celebrated the passage of marriage equality in NY in our favorite way… by running, of course!
- We went on a food tour of the Lower East Side.
- I served on jury duty.
- We survived a hurricane
- I hosted Swap-bot’s 100,000th Swap!
- I published an eBook.
- I attended The Creative Connection/BlogHer Handmade conference in Saint Paul.
- I marched with Occupy Wall Street.
- We had a great week exploring NYC with Travis’ family.
- Running was the theme of the year: Travis and I ran the Manhattan Half Marathon, the New Jersey Half Marathon, the Brooklyn Half Marathon, the Queens Half Marathon, the Staten Island Half Marathon…. and on October 30th , we ran the Marine Corps Marathon!!
Looking through my blog archives for the year is so much fun and reminds me how much I love keeping this “scrapbook.” I plan to double my efforts in 2012!
Warm winter wishes to you and yours… Season’s Greetings… Happy Holidays… Peace, Love, and lots of sweets!